Articles on this Page
- 04/18/12--04:53: _Sydney WTS - Out of...
- 06/06/12--03:59: _London Calling
- 08/14/12--05:08: _London Olympic Race...
- 09/12/12--05:44: _Turning Olympic fal...
- 12/09/12--04:32: _Mark Webber Challenge
- 01/11/13--18:27: _Changes
- 02/20/13--20:49: _Relocating: To the ...
- 02/23/13--22:41: _A Fresh Start in th...
- 02/26/13--03:53: _Tue, 26 Feb 2013
- 03/13/13--02:53: _New partnership - F...
- 04/18/12--04:53: Sydney WTS - Out of mind? Out of my mind.
- 06/06/12--03:59: London Calling
- 08/14/12--05:08: London Olympic Race Report
- 09/12/12--05:44: Turning Olympic fallout into forward momentum
- 12/09/12--04:32: Mark Webber Challenge
- 01/11/13--18:27: Changes
- 02/20/13--20:49: Relocating: To the Gong I go
- 02/23/13--22:41: A Fresh Start in the Apple Isle - Devonport Tri Report
- 02/26/13--03:53: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
- 03/13/13--02:53: New partnership - FINIS Swimming
Saturday was the morning I'd been aiming for all summer. 12 months ago it was the scene for my best international performance and this time around it was to be the marquee race in my final dig at Olympic team selection. Everything was going great in the lead up. Solid training, solid race results and a healthy confidence I would perform as my plan predicted. Unfortunately something I could not feel was present and come time to turn [...]
After an extensive lag in blogging due to either little recent life activity or happenings that I found unblogworthy I've recently experienced an event that I believe is deserving enough to break my self-scribing drought. That event is my inclusion in the Australian Olympic Team for the 2012 London Games.I was informed of my nomination to the AOC last Friday and then had the lengthy wait (of 3 days) for the AOC to accept the nom [...]
Along with my two teammates, Courtney and Brad, I arrived in London 4 days before the race from camp in France. It was a long 4 days. The women’s triathlon was 3 days before ours so we were able to get an idea of the atmosphere we would be amongst on race day and excitement levels were peaking only to have to damper the anticipation to save it up for 48 hours later. [...]
In my Olympic race report (see ‘London Olympic Race Report,’ 14/8/12) I alluded to the mix of emotions that flood through your mind after racing in the most exceptional competition of your life and not performing to your own expectations after many long months of preparation. And like any flood the waters do take some time to recede and there is always a permanent mark left to show for the psychological overflow that swelled up without [...]
The end of my 2012 season ended rather disappointingly. After aiming high for my final race the Auckland WTS final I was left low after crashing during the bike and feeling rather horrible. I deemed myself done for the year and proclaimed a good recovery was needed. After several weeks spending time with friends and family who I'd neglected terribly during the whole Olympic qualifying period I felt I needed a challenge but wasn't quite ready to hea [...]
I publish this post as I travel to my first race of 2013 in Devonport, Tasmania. And as I step into another season I take another, bigger step: Ive made up my mind and made the jump north. I am happy to officially announce I have now relocated my training base to Wollongong. Since the new Olympic cycle has begun I have done a great deal of deliberating on what I want to do next. After a lot of conversation both internally and with others I am now 100% certain I w [...]
It was perfectly timed. After an extensive break from competition after a long, exhausting 2012 it wasn't until about a week ago I finally craved the nerves of battle again. The thought of adrenaline at the sound of the starting gun and the relief of running down the finish shoot were emotions I hadn't really missed until about 10 days ago. I was put to the sword by my training group and a few Wollongong cyclists at an off the cuff criterium out th [...]
Preparing medals for TriKids in Devonport [...]